Max Sjöblom's Portfolio
Hi there! Welcome to my personal portfolio. You are probably here because you are interested in my previous work, and perhaps you are thinking about inviting me for an interview. In that case, I hope I can convince you that I'm the right person for the job.
Long story short
I encourage you to have a thorough look at this online portfolio, but if you are in a hurry, here is some essential information compiled for your convenience.
- Check out my LinkedIn for further information. Download my CV here.
- Expert in esports, game streaming and content creation culture.
- Highly experienced in quantitative analysis & modelling.
- PhD student at the School of Science at Aalto University. Degree approximately 04/2019.
- I speak Swedish, Finnish and English fluently. I also speak German.
- February 2016 – present: Project manager & researcher at the Esports Research Project at the University of Tampere, studying esports and game streaming consumption motivations (what gets people to watch, what keeps them watching, why do they spend money). I actively participated in getting funding for this large research project.
- October 2017 – September 2018: Project manager & researcher for the Immersive Research Project at the Tampere University of Technology, studying VR & AR user adoption and consumption. I actively participated in getting funding for this project.
- September 2015 – February 2016: Researcher for the Koukku research project at Aalto University, focusing on esports & streaming.
- August 2012 – May 2014: Front end developer at Agency Leroy. I mainly did front end development but some back end development as well. Tag words: HTML5, CSS3, LESS, SASS, JS, Rails, Git & PHP.
- July 2012 – December 2014: Content creator at GatheringMagic. I wrote a biweekly column about game strategy.